- Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo
Event on 2013-12-30 18:00:00
A New Holiday Tradition: TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo! TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights will open to the public on Friday November 22, 2013. TXU Presents Zoo Lights is back and more spectacular than ever this year – we’ve added more than 1 million lights!
For this special night-time spectacular, the Houston Zoo will be transformed into a winter wonderland, filled with brilliant displays of colorful lights and festive holiday music.
Sip hot chocolate as you stroll through the Zoo and take in all the awe-inspiring sights, including thousands of twinkling lights adorning the magnificent live oak trees. Explore the enchanted forest, where you can see life-sized lighted animal sculptures, check out the all-new dollhouse village, and see holiday trains chugging through the landscape! Stare in amazement at “Holly Berry,” the 1958 Cadillac that’s more than just your average vehicle. “Holly Berry” features vibrant lights that dance in time to joyful music.
Plus, sing along to your favorite carols, and decorate delicious holiday cookies.
TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights Attractions
- Explore the Enchanted Forest home to life-sized lighted animal sculptures, the all-new dollhouse village and the new Holiday Train featuring Thomas the Tank Engine and friends.
- Enjoy the amazing sights and sounds of Holly Berry, the 1958 Cadillac that features thousands vibrant lights that dance in time to joyful music.
- Marvel at the whimsical contraptions of Emry Gweldig’s Wondrous Keep, mysterious inventions designed to alleviate or reduce holiday stress.
- Other new Zoo Lights features include the Kissing Booth featuring real mistletoe over a beautiful bronze arch, the Gazebo Kaleidoscope and Light Show, and the African Watering Hole surrounded by life-sized LED images of elephant and gorillas.
- During the evening, many of our animals settle down for their long winter’s naps, so expect to see some, but not all, of them. Expect to see many of our cats, large and small – cougars, jaguars, lions, ocelots, leopards and more. Stop by the giraffe barn to see them snoozing or taking a look back at you! Warm up when you duck into our indoor buildings including the Reptile and Amphibian House, the Kipp Aquarium, and Natural Encounters. Please note, some buildings may be closed periodically for private events so check the Alerts on our Calendar of Events at http://www.houstonzoo.org/plan-your-visit/events-calendar/ for the latest information.
Each night of TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights will feature special performances by area church, school and community choirs. Rice Philharmonics will perform the opening night of Zoo Lights. Other featured performances will include Baylor College of Medicine Docappella, the MD Anderson Cancer Center Choir, San Jacinto Girl Scouts Quarter Note and Take Note Choirs, the Shimmer Flute Choir, Beth Yeshurun Day School Choir, as well as Juan Seguin Elementary School, Rennell Elementary Honor Choir and the Waller High School Chorale among many others.
Bring your camera to capture all the special moments, and seize the opportunity to get this year’s family holiday photo too. TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays with your loved ones this year.
TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights is made possible through the generous support of the following sponsors: TXU Energy, the official electricity partner of the Houston Zoo, Smart Financial, H-E-B, KPRC-TV Local 2, Pepsi, United Airlines, the official airline of the Houston Zoo, Murphy’s Corporate Lodging, Sunny 99.1 and Houston Community Newspapers.
at Brown Education Center at the Houston Zoo
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, United States
- The H-TOWN Countdown 2014
Event on 2013-12-31 22:00:00
The Premier New Years Eve Party in Houston,TX
Please bring paper ticket to the event.
at Silver Street Studios
2000 Edwards Street
Houston, United States